Sunday, July 8, 2007

NEWS: J.J. Abrams...genius or bastard?



Ok, so living in Australia, land of 'we better not show them things', we missed out on the trailer for "Untitled JJ Abrams Project" which was show before Transformers in the USofA.


A friend of mine told me about it. My reaction was, what the hell are you talking about? I am a big fan of all things JJ and reckon that Mission Impossible III was the better one of the lot, though the Alias influence was almost too obvious.



So what did I do? I Toobled it (YOUTUBE.COM) of course and found a shoddy vid off what appears to be someone's cell/mobile phone. Not exactly optimal viewing but who cares...


Two thoughts sprang to mind.


1. This movie looks awesome!

2. What the hell? Damn you JJ, damn you to Hades!!!!!!!!!

I have now become obsessed with finding out if this is Godzilla (apparently Paramount doesn't own the rights to it), an alien movie (wasn't that a ship that blurrily crashed at the end?) or some weird Lost style creature (the sounds, those terrible sounds).

Thoughts, comments, questions? Let me know! I'm on the case though and will post tidbits as I come to them.

No comments: