Saturday, October 20, 2007

Movie Minute: Who is Will Patton?

Last night I found myself home alone. Usually on these kind of nights I put on my pj's and extra comfy robe and grab some snacks. I then settle in with a favourite movie. This time I chose Armageddon.

Starring my fave Bruce Willis, it's an over-the-top Michael Bay Directed action fiesta about some Astronauts and Willis' team of oil drillers who go into outer space to stop a huge asteroid which is headed directly for our planet Earth. Yes it's ridiculous but something about it makes me cry, every single time.


I don't know how Bruce, but the stick says blue.



While watching Armageddon, I was reminded of how much I really like Will Patton as an actor. He plays 'Chic', the gambling addicted offsider to Bruce Willis in the movie.





He isn't that famous, but you know his face and his voice. He startled me as Gordon Smallwood in The Mothman Prophecies (very good creature feature) and was moving as Coach Bill Yoast in Remember the Titans. He currently pops up in A Mighty Heart, which I have yet to see.

I think he's a very underrated actor, and could possibly be one of the best of our time. I'd love to see him in a starring role one day, but for now he's one of the best co-stars in movies. I know it's a big call, especially since he's been in some awful and totally unknown films. He does have 3 new film on the horizon so hopefully we can see him sink his teeth into something slightly meatier than what he's done so far. Check out some of the movies I've mentioned above and tell me what you think.

Until next time, see you in the dark!


No comments: