Sunday, November 18, 2007

Movie Minute: The Writer's Strike and some Quick Rates

Sorry I haven't posted in a few days. Life getting in the way of blogging, who knew???

I wanted to comment on the writer's strike and say I'm in full support. Partly because I believe in the cause (greedy corporate blood suckers, give them the money!!!) and partly because I am in platonic love with Tina Fey. (I am currently obsessed with 30 Rock...OH that's what I did for a week...caught up on eps hehe).


I love Jenni 4 Ever signed Tina Fey


Having said that, please please please try to resolve this so we can have our delicious TV back!:)


So movies...


Lions for Lambs - 4/5 - Great Writing, Decent Acting, Powerful Statement


Gabriel - 2/5 - Really wanted to like this Aussie actioner. Director/Writer/Producer Shane Abess has a future and this was a noble first attempt. The 2 stars are mainly for that!


The Devil Wears Prada (DVD) - 4/5 - Cold reality in a pretty setting. Anne Hathaway is captivating and Meryl is appropriately scary.


What a Girl Wants (DVD) - 3/5- Nothing new here but packed full of charm and heart. Can't fault Amanda Bynes. Definitely for the teens, but a guilty pleasure for those of you with a romantic flare.


Ok that will have to do for now. It's 3 freakin' AM. Bloodsuckers!


No comments: