Friday, March 14, 2008

Random reel...things that go HIYA in the night...


I'm going through a phase right now where I'm renting only movies I haven't seen yet, which is hard because I'm one of those people who re-watch movies religiously!



Ropeman: Thailand's greatest superhero


I rented Ong Bak (2003), which is a Thai martial-arts movie starring Tony Jaa. The film is a bit low budget and silly, but Tony Jaa makes it work with his stunning feats of physicality that will cause you to rewind certain scenes over and over again. It's a good story, village loses sacred relic and sends their warrior to return it. The acting is terrible, as you might expect in a low-budget Thai martial arts film, but Tony Jaa is quite impressive in this area as well. It's 100% his movie but for those who are just interested in the stunts or fighting, definitely rent it!

I also rented
L.A. Confidential (1997) (What, Jenni, I can't BELIEVE you haven't seen that!!!). I have an admitted aversion to anything with Guy Pearce in it, but I don't know why. It's one of those odd things about me. I haven't seen Memento either, and that's next on my list after getting a lecture on these films from a friend. I hate to be one of those critics who only watches what she wants to, yet it's difficult to force myself to watch certain films sometimes! I'm seeing Death Defying Acts this weekend because I don't care who the hell is playing Houdini, because it's Houdini!

I'm going to watch a DVD now, so hope you're well and watching movies too!

No comments: