Saturday, April 26, 2008

5 days until Iron Man and other news...



Five days until Iron Man bursts into cinemas. I'm so thoroughly enjoying Mr Robert Downey Jr. already and cannot wait until Tropic Thunder! Kiss Kiss Bang Bang reignited my love for the man and his delicious acting abilities but I think Iron Man and the aforementioned comedy gold will lock him in my heart forever.

I'm happy of the arrival of Blockbuster season for 2 reasons: 1.) It's Blockbuster Season and 2.) It means Australia gets movies at the same time as the US...the big ones any way. I am just giddy with anticipation and every time I hear that familiar tone at the beginning of the Indiana Jones trailer I get goose bumps...billions of them, which transform me into a kid who just drank a gallon of kool-aid!

However, there is a major downside to Blockbusters, made evident by THIS news from Dark Horizons. Turns out they are making a prequel to the shiteous DaVinci Code Movie. That's right. When a movie is a BB, it makes enough cash to warrant a sequel, even though the movie might me a total farce. I'm boycotting Angels and Demons if Hanks has that crappy mullet again. Argh!




I can't finish this post without mentioning the ludicrous sentencing of poor Mr. Wesley Snipes over tax evasion. They gave him the maximum, to a man who probably never even touched his own money. Perhaps ignorance isn't any excuse but seriously, 3 years? Couldn't he just pay that crap and move on? Even with the rumours of him being an ass to women on set and some of those straight to DVD shockers, I'm still a fan. I'm getting pretty sick of the legal system using stars as examples for the rest of us. They should absolutely NOT be above the law, but this is ridiculous. Drunk driving, drug posession etc should be focused on, not this crap. If he spends one day in jail, it's a complete joke. Free Wesley YO!





No comments: