Sunday, April 13, 2008

For Roger...


There is always something so dashing about a panama hat

This man has inspired me from as far back as I can remember, before perhaps he was so synonymous with films as he is now. My mother instilled in me a great love for cinema, but it was Roger Ebert who fuelled my passion for film. I read his reviews and follow his career like a teenager following The Jonas Brothers. I am saddened, like many, that his television and radio career is at an end thanks to an unforgiving bout with cancer. However, his reviews still live on in print.

Please check out the links below to learn more about my favourite thumb in the entire world.

New York Times Article - about Roger's life
Roger's goodbye letter, sort of, on the Chicago Sun Times site.
Roger Ebert's website - full of reviews and more

No comments: