Thursday, September 20, 2007

Movie Minute: Sept 20



Someone dun snagged my EMPIRE!

For those of you who know me, you know that Australian Empire Magazine (it's about movies, duh) is pretty much the highlight of my month. The mag has everything... adventure, excitement, danger around every corner...ahhh you get the idea!

Every month, it comes to my office in it's little plastic shrink wrap, eminating little vibrations of excitement. (ok so maybe that's me...minus the shrink wrap that is...well most of the time)

The truth is, I'm in love with movies, and Empire is too. That's why we get along just fine.

This month however, Empire arrived on my week off. I can imagine it, sitting there all alone in my pigeon hole, wondering where I am to take it home. Of course, it got snagged! Silly me didn't even realise it was 'that time of the month' and it wasn't until someone handed me the tattered used copy (coffee ring on cover included) that I got it. Empire came, and I missed it.

Ok my excuse is, I have been sick for 3 weeks with various illnesses that have been floating around the office...literally floating, thanks to the war-era aircon that is thankfully getting replaced!

So anyway, I have it now and it's as glorious as ever. I'm talking to Rod Yates (the editor) soon, and may have sent him this blog link via email...so you could think this is a shameless brown nosing effort on my part. The funny thing is, I truly believe I would have written this story anyway, so vital is my Empire to me as a resource.

Go buy Empire if you have any bit of sense in you. If you live in America, or anywhere else, I feel sorry for you. Click here for Empire Online.

Review of Superbad coming soon!

No comments: