Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Surfing...not just for penguins!




I spend a lot of time on the internet as regular readers of this blog know. I use it for fun and for research, looking up information about films. This includes absolutely ANYTHING to do with movies whether it's other film blogs, amateur film-makers, animators, special fx info or just totally random bits and pieces. I figured I'd share some of the things I look at rather regularly. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!
There are about a gazillion of us out there. Addicts, the lot of us. Whether it's making or watching movies, we just can't seem to get enough. These are some of my favourites.
Indy Mogul - Vloggers with their own site, these guys show you how to make very cheap backyard FX in no time. They are funny, very well informed and they are getting more and more popular. Click HERE for Indy Mogul on Youtube and HERE for their site. They recently featured THIS blogger as well, who is a keen film maker. You have to watch the short IndyMogul just featured. It's totally creepy and really well done.

Two other bloggers I enjoy chatting to as well as reading are Go See A Movie by Rollie Schott and The Film Brief by Jonathan Fisher. They both have very different takes on movies, but it's really nice to read what other people have to say about the subject I most adore.
I also hit up a few groups on Facebook such as Ebert and Roeper and the Movies. This is an Aussie based fan-site on which I am one of the thumbs! I also belong to about 20 or 30 others. I like to keep up :) If you're on Facebook, join us! Rollie and Jonathan chat there as well.
The other movie sites I regularly visit are linked to the right of this blog. IMDB.COM is probably my most frequently visited site and Darkhorizons.com would have to be second. The former is great for fact checks, even though sometimes it can be incorrect, and the latter has some of the most amazing movie news collected on the net (perfect for fanboys and fangirls).
Well I'm off to go look at all those sites and more. If you have any links to mention, please post them below in the comments! I'd really like to see what else is out there. After all, the internet is a real big place.


No comments: