Monday, September 22, 2008

I'm Baaaaack



What a crazy week. My boyfriend had to practically have his finger reattached after a work accident (he's a chef). It took a day of waiting on surgery but he got it fixed up and without using his health insurance, came away owing $0. I love the Aussie health care system. Brilliant microsurgery for zip, zero and zilch. This is why I refuse to get health insurance here...there is no point! (Thank you universal health care, you are wonderful) His finger was saved btw.
Here in Australia people have "footy fever" which means necks get thicker, brains get smaller and beer quite literally sells out. The AFL (that's Aussie Rules Football) Grand Final (that's Superbowl) is this Saturday and people are flying their colors (no, not gang related). I must admit, the atmosphere does get a little electric and the idea of a giant BBQ spread and friends getting together is pretty cool.



Regarding the "political intrigue" between friends, well that's a long and interesting story and it boils down to her=McCain, me=Obama. I refuse however to belittle John McCain and only choose to support Obama and his intelligent policies. Ugh, politics are so ick. Once again, why the W movie really, why? They should call it "Billy Bob Goes to Washington". "GIT AWFF MAH LAYND"!!!




I still haven't talked to my Granny in Texas post-Ike. The phones are still out where she lives and as it's in the middle of country nowhere, she probably won't get it on for another few days yet. I have been informed that she is ok but it's sad she can't have her aircon on. She's over 80!



Well enough of my bitching, here's something a bit more related to THIS blog in particular. Movies! More specifically one film, Step Brothers
, starring Will Ferrell and John C Reilly. It lulled in bits and a couple of the jokes were "Blades of Glory" lame, but finally a comedy from the frat pack I can really sink my teeth into. I seriously laughed my buttocks off in this film and it was refreshing. One, because I now have a more slender rear end, but mainly because I rarely laugh that much in a film. I mean, I guffawed, I cried. There was one scene, and I'm not going to spoil it, but it almost makes me forget the full frontal male nudity in "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" Almost. (GOODNESS)

I have to give Step Brothers a 3.5/5. It was really great. Not as funny or as well done as something like Superbad, but not nearly as awful as "Blades of Glory" or "Semi-Pro". My favorite line from the film "You have the voice of an angel. I mean, it's like Fergie meets Jesus".

Classic.


No comments: