Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Christmas Sucks






Ok so I've been really slack with blogging. There are several reasons and I'm one of those people who (sadly) always has an excuse. Let's review.


1. Christmas sucks: Everything you need to do takes 4 times as long because the entire population of a state converges on the capital city (or nearest large shopping facility) to buy gross amounts of gifts for people they love but mostly people they likely despise. This time of year is optimum suck up time in case you haven't guessed. I just wander around at lunch time scared to become part of the throng JUST IN CASE of the Zombpocalypse. Knowing my luck, it will happen the day I finally decide to buy Xmas presents (most likely Dec 24).


2. No computer: I bought all the parts. I bought the best parts. People asked me if I was going to work for NASA with the computer I was about to have built. Yet, this IS me we're talking about so you guessed it...the parts are gathering dust while a damaged (and effing expensive) mobo gets repaired. When I finally do have a computer and am not using boyfriend's or borrowed laptop or unethically work computer, then I might be able to get back to a regular writing schedule.


3. No time for movies: This is perhaps the most heartbreaking reason of all. I have not been to the movies since I saw a preview of Twilight which would make it once in the last 4 weeks. I know, it's sad. Even at home I've managed to watch 1/8th of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles before falling asleep. Damn Xmas.


So I'm neglecting myself, neglecting this blog, neglecting the local cinema and well, I'm just a bit lost to tell you the truth.


I was also talking to a woman today at a work function who I realised was completely bitter. She was so full of bile it was almost spilling out into her glass of averagely priced champagne. She was telling me, with way too much enthusiasm, the devlish story of how she tortured some poor cafe employee and I smiled and nodded and waited for someone to put a bullet in my head. I suppose this holidays will be spent trying to discover if Jen Reviews Movies or if Jen takes it in the theoretical career bum.


Merry Xmas everyone!

No comments: