Sunday, March 4, 2012

An Open Letter to Martin Scorsese


Dear Mr Scorsese,

I recently went to see your film Hugo. I knew very little of George Melies. I knew nothing of the book The Invention of Hugo Cabret. Now, thanks to you, I know a lot about both.

I guess I wanted to write and say thank you. I'm 33 years old and, though I have a great appreciation for childish things, very few films make me feel that true sense of wonder as yours did.

The film was perfectly cast, wonderfully directed and shot. The visuals were astounding. While the story was quite sad, I received a great amount of joy from watching your work.

When it was over, I turned to my sister (also a very big fan of the motion picture) and said "A movie made by people who love movies, about people who love movies, for people who love movies".

One thing's for certain, you and your films won't ever be forgotten. 

Your fan for always,

Jen

No comments: