Sunday, October 11, 2009

Podcasting, Cooking, 100 Films OH MY!

Tonight I went to see Julie & Julia. It's the story of Julia Child (Meryl Streep) and Julie (Amy Adams), a lost blogger from Queens. It was an interesting concept for a film and I'll discuss it more next week during the radio show I'm doing a fill-in for, my old show Film Central. You can listen to that show at the All Star Cast upload site here. I'll let you know when it's available.
The film was slightly disappointing, but it gave me a corker of an idea. I'm not sure if anyone's done this yet, and I'm sure they have but I'm afraid to google it. I've decided to watch every single film on the AFI top 100 Films list. Each film I'll report on and my deadline is not too ambitious, just 365 days from the date of this blog. Plenty of time to fit in 100 films. This should be a fun exercise, particularly since I've been seeking out films to further educate myself for a while now.
Fear not, I'm still going to see everything new as well. I'd hate to ignore new films just for the sake of learning about the past. I'm always going to have a soft spot for popcorn flicks.
I do also apologise for not blogging as much. I've gone through a big self analysing phase asking questions like, "Who am I to write about movies" and "Why do I think I'm better at this than anyone else?" The truth is I'm just a gal who loves film and I definitely do not think I'm better than anyone at anything.
I hope you enjoy reading my posts because I love writing them and that's what really matters.

3 comments:

Jonathan Fisher said...

I think you should keep writing :) And you're right, that's a great idea!

Jen said...

Aw thanks Jon! Yeah I've always wanted to watch the top 100. Going to see Ben Hur tonight! :D

Rollie said...

If you like popcorn flicks, you're in for a treat. That's about the only kind of movie on AFI's list. I mean seriously. Star Wars is better than 2001: A Space Odyssey? well, it's a great popcorn flick, and those are favored.

Also yes for the love of God keep blogging.